In 1543, when the Bishop of Coimbra created the parish of Aldeia das Dez, there was already a temple dedicated to Saint Bartholomew. This church dates from the 18th century and has the same patron. As the dimensions of the temple were reduced to accommodate the faithful, in 1727 the parish priest Manuel António Pereira began to build the new church, which was inaugurated and blessed by the vicar of Avô on January 21, 1764.
The temple has a longitudinal plan, with an elegant front from where the wedges and the stonework cornice stand out, the pilasters that divide the openings, enlivened by granite stonework. The portal, with frame and arch, is topped by a quadrilobed eyepiece. On the left side is the bell tower, with a bulbous cover, made of stone. Inside there is only one nave, with two chapels and a total of five altars:
- The Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, on the Gospel side;
- The Chapel of Calvary, on the side of the Epistle. It has good wood carvings from the 18th century, in a representation of Calvary with images of Christ, the Virgin and St. John almost in natural size;
- The side altar of the Gospel is dedicated to Our Lady of Conception;
- The collateral altar on the side of the Epistle is dedicated to St. Joseph;
- The main altar shows a mannerist painting referring to the martyrdom of St. Bartholomew, by the same artist who painted the altarpiece for St. Bartholomew's Church in Coimbra.
There is also an image of St. Bartholomew from the 18th century and, on its right side, a rather unusual representation of St. Theodore. The altars have carved altarpieces from the second half of the 18th century. The high chorus stands out for its unusual design and the gallery from the second half of the 19th century, which is an exceptional carving work.