Book your stay, experience or meal at Book in Xisto.
Rest StopAldeia do Xisto de Aldeia das Dez
Hotel Rural Quinta da Geia
Avô River Beach
Quinta da Moenda
Casa da Eira de Cima
Aqua Village Health Resort & SPA
Vila Cova de Alva
Quinta da Palmeira – Country House Retreat & Spa
São Sebastião da Feira River Beach
Alvoco das Várzeas River Beach
Varandas de Avô Viewpoint
Pomares River Beach
Safety informationBe careful as it can be warm in the summer and slippery in the winter.
SOS Emergency: 112
SOS Forest: 117
GNR (police): 238 60 44 44
ADXTUR - Schist Village Network - 275 647 700 | 960 101 873
Tips and hintsThis route passes by Aldeia das Dez and Avô, two parishes of the municipality of Oliveira do Hospital, in the district of Coimbra. The Schist Walking Trail of Aldeia das Dez - Rota Imperial [Imperial Route] passes through Aldeia das Dez and Avô, two civil parishes in the municipality of Oliveira do Hospital. The landscapes that open up from Aldeia das Dez earned it the moniker of the “viewpoint village”. Built predominantly in granite, this Aldeia do Xisto has an impressive built heritage, the main church in particular, where the gilded woodcuts tell us about the many carvers and gilders who lived in this village. The Mount Colcurinho is located in Açor mountain range at 1242 meters and is part of the Parish of Aldeia das Dez. Its name dates back, depending on the version, to the presence of the Romans and “Lusitanos”. This hill was formed approximately 600 million years ago together with the Estrela mountain range. Geologically it is essentially formed by schist. It is a place of rare beauty that comes from the vast horizon that extends to from Estrela to Caramulo and from Montemuro and Açor mountains range. It's probably one of the best places to watch the sun rise and the sun set. At the top of the hill is the chapel of Nª Sr.ª das Necessidades, which is part of the sanctuary of Nª Sr.ª das Preces.Avô is located in between the slopes of the mountains Mendacha and Almoinhos. The origin of the aristocratic and noble village of Avô is lost in the mists of time and fades away in the smoke of tradition. However, some historians attribute to the Turduli its foundation in 500 BC.
- River fishes
- Local deserts
- Roasted goat
- Evergreen strawberry tree brandy
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.