Enjoy the excellent natural conditions for cycling that you will find in the Aldeias do Xisto. Become one with the beautiful surrounding landscapes. Book your stay at bookinxisto.com.
- Plan your tour in advance
- Pay attention to the possibility of crossing with motorized vehicles on public signposted paths
- Advisable use of GPS and helmet
- SOS Emergency: 112
- Aldeias do Xisto: (+351) 275 647 700 | (+351) 960 101 873
Tips and hints
Along this route, you will come face-to-face with breathtaking landscapes and Aldeias do Xisto full of stories and traditions to be experienced:
- Três Entradas Bridge, located in the village of the same name, in the municipality of Oliveira do Hospital, is unique in the country. On the one hand, and as the denomination lets one guess, it presents derivations for three distinct directions; on the other hand, it where the rivers Alva and Alvôco meet;
- Vila Cova de Alva is the Aldeia do Xisto with the most monuments. One by one, enjoy the houses with Manueline features on the "16th century" street. Visit the Mother Church and the church at the Santo António Convent. Enjoy the cheese and smoked sausages and the fresh river Alva;
- In Aldeia das Dez, admire the Mother Church’s interior, and enjoy the work of the old wood carvers, the views offered by the viewpoints around the village and the impressive architecture of the unfinished Casa da Obra. Enjoy the refined menu at the João Brandão restaurant. Do not leave without tasting the cavacas and the coscoréis traditional sweets;
- The Mount Colcurinho is located in Açor mountain range at 1242 meters and is part of the Parish of Aldeia das Dez. It is a place of rare beauty that comes from the vast horizon that extends to from Estrela to Caramulo and from Montemuro and Açor mountains. It's probably one of the best places to watch the sun rise and the sun set. At the top of the hill is the chapel of Nª Sr.ª das Necessidades, which is part of the sanctuary of Nª Sr.ª das Preces.
Gastronomy: Goat stew, river fishes, greaves, roasted goat, arbutus berries grapa, sponge cake, rice pudding.