Book your acommodation, experience or meal in Book in Xisto.
Rest StopErmida da Sra. da Confiança
Aldeia do Xisto de Pedrógão Pequeno
Vilar dos Condes
Loja Aldeias do Xisto do CIT Pedrogão Grande
Albufeira do Cabril River Beach
Casa de Santo Antão
WARNING: This section burned down almost completely and severely. Use is strongly discouraged.
Take the necessary precautions for high temperatures in summer and slippery terrain in the winter. The levels of difficulty and times given are only indicative. They were calculated on a physical effort basis and do not include stops. Make your estimate by analising the technical data of path to be taken.
SOS Emergency: 112
SOS Forest: 117
Oleiros Municipal Council: (+351) 272 680 130 |
Tips and hintsThe area is surrounded by trees, mostly pine trees, which is the reason for its name, related to "abundance of wood”, resulting from the surrounding forest-covered massif. Also in the shrubby layer, you can see the strawberry tree, a very interesting plant often found in the municipality, where it is perfectly adapted and which features a Berry that is at the origin of one of the strongest of the fruit spirits. The surroundings of this village with traditional architecture has some manor houses, highlighting its importance. We suggest a visit to the parish church and the sanctuary of Senhor Jesus do Vale Terreiro. At the Civic Centre in the village, be sure to enjoy the ethnographic exhibition in the square, outdoors. In the gastronomic field, in addition to the aforementioned berry brandy, we also highlight sweets, with the famous cavacas and honey cake.
Basic Equipment for Long-Distance Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Mountain Hut
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.