Keep an eye out for areas of scenic interest, such as the Aguieira Reservoir Dam and the Ronqueira River Beach. Book your accommodation, experience and meal in Book in Xisto.
Rest StopVila Cova de Alva
Quinta da Palmeira – Country House Retreat & Spa
Coja River Beach
Peneda da Cascalheira - Secarias River Beach
Aldeia do Xisto de Benfeita
Benfeita River Beach
Casa do Rosmaninho
- Ride on open trails only
- Leave no traces of your passage
- Control your bicycle
- Yield to others
- Never scare the animals
- Plan ahead
- Pay attention to motorvehicles on public roads
- It is forbidden to use motor-vehicles on downhill trails
- Respect the environmental or maintenance signage
- Trails are restricted from September to October due to the red deer mating season
- Recommended use of GPS device
SOS Emergência: 112
SOS Floresta: 117
Tábua Council: (+351) 235 410 340
Aldeias do Xisto: (+351) 275 037 393 | (+351) 960 101 873
Tips and hints
Amidst mountain ranges (Estrela, Lousã, Buçaco and Caramulo), which give its terrain an accentuated plateau-like dimension, the municipality of Tábua is an open door to a region full of contrasts. Its plateau-like terrain hides a dense network of valleys opened by rivers and streams, giving the landscape a unique beauty and the possibility of visiting various places of interest, such as Pedra da Sé, Penedo Cabana or the various mills that extend along the bed of the rivers that cross it, such as the Mondego and the Alva.
On the other hand, it presents a vast architectural heritage consisting of pillories, manor houses, buildings of worship and other buildings where granite reigns, as well as a rich archaeological heritage and traces of Roman civilization. As far as food is concerned, cheese, roast kid, chanfana (roast kid), buxo and the excellent maize bread stand out, all paired with a Dão wine.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.